Warthox raises the bar ! 34.5 seconds – great attempt !
JUZ – very fast
SMJ – very out of control 🙂
Interest in Racing multirotors is certainly picking up, competition helps build skills and is way more fun than just drilling holes in the air
EDIT – latest video from SMJ – hes getting faster !
here we go ! FIXED WING, and a SLOPE SOARER to boot !
49 seconds – how close is that to what we get with a multirotor over the same distance
Enjoy ! well edited vid
Team Drop Bear’s Official Multirotor FPV Racing Season 1 has begun!
We are a group of Open Pilot users in Melbourne Australia that decided that Multirotor FPV needed an edge, so the racing started.
It’s not really racing but more like time trials. Each person races separately against the stopwatch which also eliminates mid air crashes and frequency conflicts.
The rules for the competition are posted below.
Here are the tracks for season 1!
1. Don’t talk about FPV Racing.
2. The race must be performed via FPV.
3. Competitors can build and FPV any multirotor they choose.
4. The stopwatch starts when you leave the ground
5. The stop watch stops when you land after completing the full course.
6. Please do not turn on a video transmitter unless it is your turn to race or when the racing has finished.
7. Competitors may have 3 practice laps before they race, but they MUST nominate their competition (scored) race BEFORE they race it.
8. A race season will consist of 1 race meet at each track.
9. A contestant may change / swap their multi rotor at any time to another platform. (Tri to hex, 3S to 4S, 1200’s to 1300’s etc…)
10. The person with the most points at the end of each season will be the season champ and will bask in the glory of knowing that they are better than everyone.
4S lipo – FPV
#1 ISPPHOTO/ISP181 29 seconds http://youtu.be/wgrWP24ipEw
3S lipo – Line of site
#1 flyglas 26 seconds http://youtu.be/C8TlvRyJScI
#2 Warthox 35 seconds http://vimeo.com/52347166
#3 Helli Yea – 46 seconds
OP Forum Name http://forums.openpilot.org/user/2263-helliyea/
Youtube Name http://www.youtube.com/user/GCButcher0471
Entry Video http://youtu.be/es2f-9Nt7-0
#4 Drifter/Efliernz – 49 seconds for both guys
Eflier-“my quad is an X of 18mm sq pine from the hardware store (with fluro green and otange poster paint) with 1.5mm HK carbon sheet top and bottom with a $25 KK2 board. 4 x RcTimer 75g 750Kv motors + APC 10×4.7 props with 3S3300 pack. The u/c is a Trex700 pair of nylon legs without the skids (’cause they snapped when it cartwheeled the other day). I have a 30mm wide G10 “deck” between the front two arms where the Gopro (without housing) get strapped underneath (about .5 kg all up)”
YouTube Name http://www.youtube.com/user/Efliernz
MR Forum Name http://www.multirotorforums.com/member.php?126-Efliernz
Entry Video http://youtu.be/VR9_bEz2AnE
#6 Matwelli – 54 seconds
same username on youtube, rcgroups, opforum mr forum http://www.youtube.com/user/matwelli?feature=mhee
1150 gram, Vtail Quad (weight includes 3S 3000 mah lipo and Gopro in skeleton case), apc 10 by 3.8 front, 8 by 4.5 rear props, gaui 1050 motors and OpenPilo CCD3 controller
Go Pete ! sub 50 !